We have a cute picture of Dakota with all the wires attached to his head on Pete's phone that we will see if we can attach. We will keep you posted.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Scare
On Tuesday, May 5th, Dakota gave us all a real scare. He woke up from his nap and was eating his snack when all of a sudden he started coughing then crying. At first I thought he might be choking, however, when I went over to him I noticed he had not even touched his snack. Then I looked at him and his face and lips were white! I picked him up and he was clammy and limp. He was also just staring and not responding when I talked to him. On the way to Urgent Care, he vomited. Urgent Care got us in right away and at first thought it was a febrile seizure, however, he had another small episode in the office and the PA was concerned. She sent us to the hospital. After several hours of observation and a blood and urine test we were sent home. On the way home he vomited again. The next day he was just fine running and playing with his sisters. On Thursday, he woke up and vomited again. Luckily, we had an appointment with his pediatrician who said he now had the stomach flu. Dr. Smith said Dakota did not have a febrile seizure (which comes about because of a temperature and he had no temp.) and said he was concerned so he sent him to get a sleep deprived EEG. Dakota was VERY tired for his EEG and sat on Dad's lap perfectly still while getting 29 wires hooked up to his head. He fell asleep within minutes. The next day we waited anxiously for the results........which were NORMAL! Dr. Smith is still concerned and said we should keep an eye on him (HA! Didn't need to tell Mom that!) and we will be taking him in again to talk about the possibility of more testing.
Posted by
The Franklin Family