As I was cleaning the house on Friday, I started thinking....this is surreal. It didn't seem that long ago that I was eagerly anticipating going to homecoming myself. Fast forward 25 or so years - YIKES - and I am cleaning the house because Zach is bringing over his date for homecoming. C-R-A-Z-Y! So I cleaned, and scrubbed, and made sure the three younger ones looked as cute as could be and waited for their arrival.
Zach had told us that he would like to come to Madison before the dance. The plan was that he and his date, Trista, were coming to Madison to eat and Dad was driving them to the dance. A couple nights before the dance, Zach calls and asks if we would like to eat out with them. UMMMMM....no, this is your homecoming. We're sure she does not want us to eat with them. Next phone call ... would we like to make them dinner and they could eat at our place. No, you should probably take her out.
On the afternoon of the dance, they arrived all dressed up and nervous. After spending some time getting acquainted, we bring up what they should probably think about - where they want to eat. They both say they would like to eat at our house. After some convincing, we talked them into going out to eat. They chose Rocky's. Not exactly Prime Quarter but hey, it's on Dad's dime so he wasn't complaining. What is most important is that they have fun (good clean fun).
Zach and Trista picture time.....wait for the hair sweep!
Homecoming 2012 - Zach and Trista
Homecoming tickets in hand and a picture on the iPad....we're all set!
After entering the Honda Odyssey Limosine........"Columbus High School, Driver!"

